WHAT IS COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
- Computer engineering seeks to solve difficult and complex problems in various areas. These solutions require the development of systems that include hardware and software. One of the most popular fields for computer engineering centers on managing the increasingly growing body of available data, as well as securing, processing, and transmitting it.
- Example: The Google search engine combs through 48 billion web pages.
- The Facebook database stores 50 billion photos.
- Other areas that are included in computer engineering are cell phones, social media, online commerce and security.
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- During the first two years of study, core courses in basic disciplines (mathematics, physics, chemistry) and intro courses in computer engineering will be taken. More advanced courses taken in later years will include programming languages, data structures, probability, statistics, and micro-transactions.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING A CAREER IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
- Students who wonder how Google can perform searches so quickly or who are eager to design interesting applications for mobile devices should certainly choose this department, as well as those:
- Who enjoy logic puzzles.
- Who have string analytical thinking skills.
- Who are able to beak down problems into smaller components.
- Who are careful and meticulous by nature.
WHERE CAN I WORK AFTER GRADUATING WITH A DEGREE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
- Public institutions
- Private sector
- Systems analyst
- Software specialist
- Systems engineer
- R&D engineer
- Network Specialist
- Defense industry and military applications
- Alternately, graduates can start their own companies without a great deal of initial investment. Examples: Google, Microsoft, Facebook
ABU AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- The faculty of the Antalya Bilim University's Department of Computer Engineering is a cadre of young and dynamic academicians who are graduates of the most prestigious institutions in the world and have extensive work experience.
- Our faculty members are engaged in several projects that are supported by TÜBİTAK and the EU, and our undergraduates are active participants in these projects. In addition, our students can count on the support of faculty in planning their careers.
- Almost half of our student body are international students, and this provides valuable experience to our students as they engage in projects in their professional fields.